Couple's Frequently Asked Questions
What is a honeymoon gift registry?
This honeymoon gift registry is similar to a store gift registries, whereby you register for items you wish to receive as wedding gifts. This registry allows you to register components of your honeymoon or destination wedding online. Your wedding guests will then give you portions of your vacation as a wedding gift! Instead of asking for a crock pot, you could receive an upgrade on your honeymoon suite, a couple's massage or a romantic dinner as wedding gifts.Back To Top
How does this honeymoon registry work?
Back To Top
- Take five minutes to sign up and Register your honeymoon plans with this registry service, for free. You will select items and activities you'd like to experience on your honeymoon. Start Here
- Reveal your registry to friends and family, who will select gifts to purchase for you in celebration.
- Receive your gifts. Details here
- Enjoy your gifts and Remember your honeymoon forever!
Why should we use this honeymoon registry?
Back To Top
- Your fully customizable, easy to use registry will have actual item descriptions, site specific photos and pricing provided by our partner resorts.
- You, your friends and family can talk to our customer service, toll-free at 877-699-5884; 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time, Monday thru Friday. You and your guests can also email us 24 hours a day, support@eregistrygifts.
- Your gift monies* can be transferred anytime, as many times as you like, without charge. *(when applicable)
- There are no third party advertisements on your registry.
- We do not sell or share neither your personal nor your friends and families information.
- We process all transactions with the highest level of encryption available and carry a $3,000,000.00 insurance policy protecting your from fraud and theft. We are tested by Trust Guard and GoDaddy daily and are members of the San Diego, CA Better Business Bureau (A rating).
- This honeymoon gift registry allows you to know ahead of time what you will have available for extras and upgrades on your honeymoon or destination wedding. This will elevate the issue of receiving checks at the wedding and leaving the next day for your honeymoon trip, before the funds are available.
When will we receive gift funds from this honeymoon registry?
There are two types of gift payments:
"Trip Contribution" funds will be transferred directly to you by check or bank transfer according to your preference and will be processed within 24 hours of your request.
"Resort Credit" items will be transferred to your room account on property and can be used for any items that may be billed to your room while at the resort. Your booking confirmation number is required before any transfers are made and items are not pre-arranged/scheduled. All resort credits must be used on property during your stay, are non-refundable and non-transferable. Gifts that are processed as "Resort Credit" can be purchased up to 5 days prior to your honeymoon date. Within 5 days of your arrival date purchased gifts will be handled as payment going directly to you.Back To Top
How much does it cost to use the wedding registry and wedding website?
We charge a small service & handling fee to maintain a professional full service registry for you, your friends and family. This service & handling fee provides an ad free registry experience, wedding website and social networking tools with the highest level of security, encryption and insurance. Our team is here to answer calls toll free, process checks and credit card transactions of your guests.You may choose
whether you'd like the service & handling fee to be added or deducted from each gift amount. Adding it to the transaction means that the purchaser will be charged a 9.65% service & handling fee at check-out. Deducting the service & handling fee will have the gift amount transfer at 7% less than the listed amount to you, with the gift purchaser paying a reduced service fee of 2.65%. If the fee is added to the gift, purchasers can receive a 2.65% discount if they choose to mail a check directly bringing the total service fee to 7%.
Guests from around the world can make a contribution towards your honeymoon with ease which means no shipping or carrying gifts with them to your wedding destination. Please feel free to call us with any questions.Back To Top
What does the service & handling fee cover?
The service charge covers your account management, unlimited fund transfers, coordination with partner resorts, cruise lines, and tour providers; your wedding web site, order processing, gift announcements, email wizard, merchant account fees that we are charged and toll free live customer service to assist your guests. We ensure that your guest's transactions are processed at the highest rate of secure SSL encryption, and protected by a $3,000,000.00 insurance policy against identity theft and fraud.
This is not simply a fee for processing monies; it's a fee so that we can continue to provide outstanding services for you. To run this registry company, we have a dedicated team of people providing a high quality and professional service.
Store registries carry costs such as shipping, taxes and gift-wrap charges to cover the services. The service fee this registry charges is often less than these charges imposed on your guests. The honeymoon registry saves your guests time and gas with the comfort and convenience of purchasing their gift from their home or office. And, there is no hassle or embarrassment of returning or exchanging unwanted gifts for you!Back To Top
How do we notify our guests about this honeymoon registry?
There are several ways for you to share the news about your registry:
- Share tools for social media allow you to easily post the registry
- Use the email wizard to upload your contacts and send a message with your registry link in just a few clicks.
- Download free registry announcement cards to share with your guests or pass onto your wedding attendees to help get the word out.
- Create a free Wedding Website that features your registry. Share this incredibly popular creative expression of your wedding with all your friends and family.
You can find out more about how to use these features here: How Does It WorkBack To Top
What is a Wedding Website?
Approximately 67% of today's wedding couples create a wedding website to share stories of how they met, their engagement, details for the wedding day, travel arrangements, etc. Guests enjoy learning more about you and this lets them feel like they are a part of your special day.
Learn more about your free wedding website tool here: Wedding WebsiteBack To Top
What if some of our wedding guests are not computer friendly?
No problem! Our customer service representatives are always happy to help and will take orders for your wedding registry over the phone. It is part of the outstanding customer service that we offer and what makes us the premiere honeymoon registry; 877-699-5884Back To Top
Do you book the activities on my honeymoon registry for me?
You have the freedom to choose whatever supplier for any gift you receive as we are not booking the item for you just because it is listed on your gift registry. We always suggest asking your travel professional to help you with reservations for your honeymoon vacation or destination wedding. If your supplier requires you to book in a certain manner, you will find those terms under "Note to Couple" as you build your registry as well as receiving an email notification once the item is purchased for you with booking instructions.Back To Top
How will we know how much to ask for?
As you select items for your honeymoon registry, in the "Notes to Couple" we give you a suggested gift amount for each tour or activity. These prices vary and can be listed per person, per couple or per item. All prices vary by location, availability and are subject to change without notice. Be sure to make note of these highlighted Notes to Couple as you choose your gifts.
We recommend using varied denominations to accommodate all your guest's budgets. You can break down the amounts into smaller amounts and ask for more of each item. For example, if an item is going to cost you $200.00, you may ask for 2 gifts of $100.00, 4 gifts of $50.00, or 8 gifts of $25.00.
Some of the items are provided by specific vendors and may need to be prearranged by you or will be sent directly to you or your hotel. With these items you will find the amount preset to cover the full cost.Back To Top
How are we notified of a purchase from the honeymoon gift registry?
You will receive an email notice to view your "Gift Announcement" that is filled out by the gift giver. You can also view your gift details at anytime on your Dashboard
, used to manage your registry. Guests can also post their gift announcement on your honeymoon registry under the "Well Wishes."Back To Top
When will our honeymoon registry be active? When will our honeymoon registry close?
Guests can view and give you a gift starting the first day you set up your honeymoon registry. Your honeymoon gift registry will remain active until you would like it deleted.Back To Top
Can I use this honeymoon gift registry if I am not from the US?
Yes, absolutely! All amounts will remain listed in US$.Back To Top
Can we use this site for our anniversary or a vow renewal?
Yes! We have many couples use this site for their anniversary or vow renewal.Back To Top
Can we set this up for a wedding couple as a surprise?
Yes, you can set this up for someone else as a surprise. However, it is very important to notify our office of all the details. Please email specific details of your situation along with your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
.Back To Top
Who manages this honeymoon registry site?
Honeymoon Wishes provides all support and software for this honeymoon registry and has served over 120,000 wedding couples since 2003. We are also very proud to be the honeymoon registry chosen by world-renowned travel and leisure companies to provide their gift registry software. We have been selected as the honeymoon registry for over 58,000 travel agents and affiliates in the United States and Canada.Back To Top
How do I make changes?